WIN a share of $30,000 in our FREE virtual reality Christmas experience!
November 22, 2018
Grab a virtual reality headset and transport yourself to a winter wonderland this festive season!
Connect the real world to the virtual world through an all new, custom-built gaming experience we’re calling Candy Cane Fight!
Located on the first floor of Market City, Candy Cane Fight VR reimagines the retail hub to scale where Frosty the Snowman’s younger brother, Grumpy, is attempting to destroy Christmas in the ultimate showdown.
Players are tasked with defeating a 10-foot snowman to save Christmas across three levels of gameplay and compete for up to $30,000 in prizes up for grabs.
Prizes will be awarded daily, with the overall top scorer taking home the ultimate Santa Sack, worth $1,500, which includes tech gear from Capitol Computers, Asus and Cool Master; as well as retail vouchers from leading Market City stores and dining venues, among other prizes.
WHEN: Friday 23 November to Wednesday 26 December
TIME: 11:00am to 7:00pm, daily
WHERE: First Floor, Market City
RETAILER PRIZES FROM
Playtime | Dangerfield | Review | 1001 Optical | Doolies | Chatime | Ally Fashion | Skechers | Crumpler | M City Souvenirs | 1909 Dining Precinct
TAKE A CANDY CANE FIGHT SELFIE AND WIN!
Think you’re a good photographer? Snap a pic of you or your friends playing our Candy Cane Fight VR game, upload to Instagram and you could WIN 1 of 3 $100 1909 Dining Precinct vouchers! We are giving 1 away every week to the most creative shot – simply use the hashtag #candycanefightvr and you’ll go in the running! Best of luck! Find all of the competition terms and conditions hereClick here for terms and conditions.
COMPETITION OVERVIEW AND GUIDELINES
1. The Competition will run from Friday 23/11/18 to Wednesday 26/12/18.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter/play; Eligible individuals must be over the age of eight to play the Candy Cane Fight VR Game at Market City Centre Court on level 1, 9-13 Hay Street, Haymarket, NSW Australia. It is recommended that the player is either 13 years old or over. If the child is under the age of 13 years old a parent or the child’s guardián must accept all responsibility when the child is playing the game. The player must fill in an entry form and submit a player’s name, first name, last name, email address, mobile number, postcode, select hand to play the game, and accept (by ticking) the terms and conditions acceptance box. If the player is under the age of 18 and does not have their own mobile number or email address, they must have their parents submit their contact details and sign in the entry form.
• To win the Ultimate Santa Sack and be the Candy Cane Fight VR Champion the highest score must be gained between 23/11/18 to 26/12/18.
• The Weekly Top Score competition play period is Week 1 – from 23/11/18 to 29/11/18; Week 2 – from 30/11/18 to 6/12/18; Week 3 – from 7/12/18 to 13/12/18; Week 4 – from 14/12/18 to 20/12/18; Week 5 – from 21/12/18 to 26/12/18.
• To win the daily prizes, the player/participant must play the game and reach a score at the discretion of the promoter.
3. WHO CAN ENTER: Entry is eligible to those who are over the age of 13 years of age. Unless the parent or child’s guardian accepts all responsibility of the child playing the game, then the child can play. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this competition are eligible to enter but are not eligible to win the Ultimate Santa Sack or be the game Champion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
4. Some people may experience motion sickness, nausea, disorientation, blurred vision or other discomfort while viewing virtual reality content. If you, or your child, play the Candy Cane Fight VR Game, you acknowledge and accept responsibility for these and any other related risks.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to remove entries from the Game and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
6. THE PRIZES:
All players/participants who play Candy Cane Fight VR game and gain more than 1000 points will receive one of the 6,400 Candy Canes valued at fifty cents each (total value $3200).
The Daily Prizes are 20 Dangerfield Gift cards valued at $20 each (total value $400); 2 Ally Fashion Gift Cards valued at $20 each (total value $40); 2 Review Gift Cards valued at $100 each (total value $200); 2 Crumpler Gift Cards valued at $25 each (total value $50); 8 1001 Optical vouchers valued at $30 each (total value $240); 3 UGG Scarves from MC Souvenirs valued at $49.95 (total value $149.85); 95 Playtime voucher valued at $15 each (total value $1425); 8 Chatime Gift Cards valued at $10 each (total value $80); 600 Small Coffee, classic tea or hot chocolate vouchers from Doolies
valued at $3 each (total value $1800); 400 Retail Shopping vouchers from Market City valued at $10 each (total value $4000); 200 1909 Dining Precinct voucher valued at $10 each (total value $2000);
350 units Cotton peak caps valued at $11 each (total value $3850); 350 units Water bottle valued at $11 each (total value $3,850); 800 units Yo-Yo valued at $5 each (total value $4000); ROG T-shirt 38 units valued at $25 (total value $950); ROG Key ring 37 units valued at $5 each (total value $185); ROG towel 4 units valued at $30 each (total value $120); ROG pillows 5 unit valued at $49 each (total $245); ROG lanyard 30 unit valued at 10 each (total value $300); ROG Hoodie jackets 4 unit valued at $139 each (total value $556); Cooler Master caps 11 units valued at $11 each (total value $110); Cool Master mouse pad SWIFT-RXm valued at $20.67; 1 unit Cooler Master Pin set valued at $20; 1 unit Cooler Master Audio headphones MH320 value at $43.26; 150 2-for-1 Robin Hood Film Passes valued $22 (total value $3,300).
To win the Weekly Top Score prize of $100 Market City Voucher, the participant must play the Candy Cane Fight VR game and gain the highest score for the week they played as listed in point 1.
To win the Ultimate Santa Sack and be the Champion of the Candy Cane Fight VR 2018, the participant must play the game and gain the highest score between 23/11/18 to 26/12/18. The Ultimate Santa Sack prize value is $1,541 (Market City Retail voucher valued at $200; 1909 Dining Precinct voucher valued at $200; Dangerfield gift card valued at $200; Skechers Shoes gift card valued at $120; Review gift card valued at $100; Merino Ugg Scarf from MC Souvenirs valued at $49.95; MH752 Gaming Headset valued at $43.36; 2 1001 Optical voucher valued at $30 (total value $60); Market City branded water bottle $10; Playtime Vouchers (x5 15 minutes of Play) valued at $15 each (total $$75); Chatime voucher valued at $20 (2x $10 vouchers); Cooler Master peripheral pads MP510 valued at $50; Cooler Master Pins set value at $20; OSIM uPamper 2 Handheld Massager valued at $298; Market City black cap valued at $10; Market City yoyo valued at $6 (2x $3 each); ROG towel valued at $30 and ROG pillow valued at $49.
Total prize value of the Candy Cane Fight VR at Market City is $33,418.94.
7. These Terms and Conditions govern the Competition. All other information provided prior to entering the competition, including any instructions on how to enter the Competition, form part of these guidelines. By participating in this competition, you accept these conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
8. Multiple entries are accepted as a player can play as many times as they would like in centre each day. However, only one user name can be set up per player and each player can only win up to 2 prizes per day.
9. The Prize must be taken as stated and is not transferable to another person (unless agreed to by the Promoter) or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed for cash. All prizes will be given out at the discretion of the Market City Management Team.
10. The daily prize will be awarded by the promotional staff after reviewing the final score played for each game. If the player exceeds the score that is showed on the notice board next to the sign-up stand determined by the Market City Management Team, they will be entitled to a prize and receive a ‘green stamp’ from the promotional staff. If a player plays multiple times in the same day, then the player can receive their prize(s) at the end of their last game of play for the day. To claim the daily prize(s), the player must go to Market City’s Customer Experience Team Leader at the Candy Cane Fight VR game and once the prize is claimed a purple stamp will be placed over the green stamp.
11. The five Weekly Top Score prize must achieve the highest score for the week to win. There’re five weekly prizes to win across the five weeks, if a participant/player has won a weekly prize, they are not entitled to another Weekly Top Score prize.
12. The Ultimate Santa Sack/Candy Cane Fight VR champion will be announced on 28/12/18. The Weekly Top Score winner will be announced on these dates: Week 1 on 30/11/18; Week 2 on 7/12/18; Week 3 on 14/12/18; Week 4 on 21/12/18; Week 5 on 28/12/18.
13. All winners will be contacted via email or telephone as per the listed dates to notify them the details of picking up the prizes. The winner will be announced as per the listed dates on Market City Social Media channels Facebook (www.facebook.com/marketcity).
14. Market City reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Market City may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this, we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition communications.
15. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
16. The Ultimate Santa Sack and the weekly prizes must be claimed at the Customer Information Desk – Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm or Saturday or Sunday between 10am to 5pm. The winner must show the message that was sent to them by Market City, plus a photographic ID to claim the prize.
17. If the Winners does not claim the prize by Sunday 20th January end of day, the winner will forfeit the prize(s) and another winner will be selected and notified by 31st of January 2018.
18. By playing Candy Cane Fight VR game, the Player/Participant consents to receipt of information (including via phone, email and SMS) regarding the game and other emails or communication which inform the Player/Participant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events. The Promoter may continue to provide the Player/Participant with this information for an indefinite period unless and until advised otherwise by the Player/Participant. The Player’s information will not be share with any third-party goods and services.