We are Open
We understand the ongoing concern in the community regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we continue to follow the advice of the Australian Health Authorities and apply the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene in our Centre.
We ask customers to do the same, respecting social distancing requirements of 1.5 metres and respect the Government guidelines for dining areas
As of 1 June in New South Wales below is permitted
Pubs and Cafes – up to 50 patrons at any one time, with the 4sqm social distancing ruling.
Beauty – Salons offering nail, waxing, tanning and beauty services may open with restrictions. But capacity must not exceed 10 customers or one customer per 4 square metres (including staff members) on the premises, whichever is the lesser. Operators must have a COVID Safe Plan
The above will vary as easing of restrictions progress. States and territories will move through the Australian Government stages at different times based on local conditions.
What we can do to stop the spread.
We continue to apply the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Market City has installed hand sanitisers at our entrances and increased the routine cleaning of frequently touched hard surfaces.
We remind everyone to practice the following:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Practice social distancing at all times with 1.5 metre (2 arm lengths) space between you and others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, or shaking hands with others.
- Follow good hygiene and encourage others to do the same. (i.e. covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and disposing of used tissues immediately).
- Stay home if you feel unwell to minimise risk to others.
- Stay at home if you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or you have returned from overseas after midnight on 15 March 2020.
- If possible or necessary, you should self-isolate for the appropriate period as advised by Commonwealth Government authorities (i.e. by staying at home until you recover).
- Seek medical advice promptly and follow the directions of your local health authority.
If you have flu-like symptoms, you should seek your doctor’s advice. If you would like more information to call the National Coronavirus Health information line on 1800 020 080 (Australia).
We encourage everyone to stay up to date with the latest public health information and advice from both NSW Health and the Australian Government Department of Health via the websites below.
- www.health.gov.au – Health Alert
- www.nsw.gov.au – Important Information
- www.pm.gov.au – Social Distancing Updates
- www.aus.gov.au/covid19-nsw – Advice specific to NSW
- www.nsw.gov.au/resources-for-your-community/chinese-cantonese-mandarin – 汉语, 繁體中文, 廣東話, 漢語
The Australian Government has announced a variety of one-off payments and grants to assist individuals and businesses during this volatile time.
Information can be accessed via the websites below.
– www.servicesaustralia.gov.au – Economic Support
– www.nracoronavirus.net.au – Follow this link for free COVID-19 signage for retailers
Our thoughts are with all those affected by this global pandemic.
We are working with our retailers to manage their businesses through this difficult period.
Updates from Australian Government