Market City is open.
We understand the ongoing concern in the community regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we continue to follow the advice of the Australian Health Authorities and apply the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene in our Centre. We have installed hand sanitisers at our entrances and increased the cleaning of frequently touched hard surfaces. We expect our retailers to apply the same principles to their cleanliness and hygiene.
The NSW Government have mandated the wearing of masks in certain indoor premises including shopping centres. Therefore you will need to wear a mask to enter Market City.
People are not required to wear masks if they:
- have a physical or mental illness, condition or disability that makes wearing a mask unsuitable, for example, a skin condition, an intellectual disability, autism or trauma.
- are children aged 12 or under
A person may remove a mask if they are:
- eating or drinking
- communicating with another person who is deaf or hard of hearing
- at work and the nature of the work makes wearing a mask a risk to the person’s, or another persons’, health and safety, or means clear enunciation or visibility of their mouth is essential
- asked to remove their mask to confirm their identity.
Fresh food, fashion retail, specialty, health & beauty, cafés, restaurants, pubs, and carparks are open as is foodcourt seating, with physical distancing, capacity, and hygiene protocols in place. Paddy’s Market fresh food & retail is open (Wednesday – Sunday) as well as Timezone on Level 3. The situation is constantly changing with clear guidelines and protocols set out for specific industry groups via the NSW Government Website.
Market City retailers are expected to have signs that clearly display how many patrons they can accommodate in their space, given the restrictions. They should have queuing and physical distancing prompts and protocol in place specific to their industry group.
If a retailer becomes aware of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 within their customer service teams, they must contact Market City Centre Management immediately. We would then work with them and the relevant health authority to support any required public communication and advice on deep cleaning. We thank you for your co-operation as we aim to keep everyone at Market City safe.
The Australian Government has announced a variety of one-off payments and grants to assist individuals and businesses during this volatile time.
Information can be accessed via the websites below.
www.nsw.gov.au/resources-for-your-community/chinese-cantonese-mandarin – 汉语, 繁體中文, 廣東話, 漢語
– www.servicesaustralia.gov.au – Economic Support
– www.nracoronavirus.net.au – Follow this link for free COVID-19 signage for retailers
– www.health.nsw.gov.au – Stay up to date with new regulations