Market City is open.
We understand the ongoing concern in the community regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we continue to follow the advice of the Australian Health Authorities and apply the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene in our Centre. We have installed hand sanitisers at our entrances and increased the cleaning of frequently touched hard surfaces. We expect our retailers to apply the same principles to their cleanliness and hygiene.
Like all states, New South Wales is starting to ease restrictions as we move through the Australian Government road map to recovery, as result most retailers are now open.
Fresh food, fashion retail, specialty, health & beauty, cafés, restaurants, pubs, and carparks are open as is foodcourt seating, with physical distancing, capacity, and hygiene protocols in place. Paddy’s Market fresh food is open. Paddy’s Market (non-food) and Timezone remain closed. The situation is constantly changing with clear guidelines and protocols set out for specific industry groups via the NSW Government Website.
Market City retailers are expected to have signs that clearly display how many patrons they can accommodate in their space, given the restrictions. They should have queuing and physical distancing prompts and protocol in place specific to their industry group.
If a retailer becomes aware of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 within their customer service teams, they must contact Market City Centre Management immediately. We would then work with them and the relevant health authority to support any required public communication and advice on deep cleaning.
We recognise the importance of maintaining a physical distance. To help our customers maintain the recommended 1.5 metre physical distancing while in our centre, we are working with our retailers to provide appropriate space for customer queues, and are displaying government health advice on our Centre signage for guidance around effective social distancing
We remind all customers to practice regular hand washing, use hand sanitiser, and cover sneezes or coughs with your arm, not your hands. Single-use hand sanitiser is available at the Concierge desk and entries to the Centre including carparks.
We ask our customers to go about their visit to Market City in a respectful and safe way.
We remind everyone to practice the following:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Practice social distancing at all times with 1.5 metre (2 arm lengths) space between you and others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, or shaking hands with others.
- Follow good hygiene and encourage others to do the same. (i.e. covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and disposing of used tissues immediately).
- Stay home if you feel unwell to minimise risk to others.
- Stay at home if you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or you have recently returned from overseas. If possible or necessary, you should self-isolate for the appropriate period as advised by Commonwealth Government authorities.
- Seek medical advice promptly and follow the directions of your local health authority.
If you have flu-like symptoms, you should seek your doctor’s advice. If you would like more information to call the National Coronavirus Health information line on 1800 020 080 (Australia).
We encourage everyone to stay up to date with the latest public health information and advice from both NSW Health and the Australian Government Department of Health via the websites below.
- www.health.gov.au – Health Alert
- www.nsw.gov.au – Important Information
- www.pm.gov.au – Social Distancing Updates
- www.aus.gov.au/covid19-nsw – Advice specific to NSW
- www.nsw.gov.au/resources-for-your-community/chinese-cantonese-mandarin – 汉语, 繁體中文, 廣東話, 漢語
The Australian Government has announced a variety of one-off payments and grants to assist individuals and businesses during this volatile time.
Information can be accessed via the websites below.
– www.servicesaustralia.gov.au – Economic Support
– www.nracoronavirus.net.au – Follow this link for free COVID-19 signage for retailers
Updates from Australian Government